Neelathanallur and Madanathur, bridge opened for public.
Now all the Transports are allowed this bridge. It shorten the distance from Chennai to Kumbakonam, also the traveling time consumed.
Area quick info
Postal Pincode : 621802
Telephone code : 04331
Ariyalur District Population 752481 in 2011 (695524 in 2001)
Population : 31,268 as on 2001 census report (we will update 2011)
Location : Jayankondam (in Ariyalur District) is located 270 km away from Chennai. Jayankondam located center place of Kumbakonam, chidambaram, virudhachalam and Ariyalur.
ஜெயங்கொண்டம் நகர் மன்ற தலைவராக தேர்ந்தெடுக்கப்பட்ட திருமதி. ச.மீனாள் அவர்களை வாழ்த்துகிறோம்.
Ariyalur District information:-
The district is bordered by the districts of Cuddalore in the north, Perambalur and Tiruchirapalli in the west, Thanjavur in the south and Nagapattinam in the east.
Ariyalur district have three Taluks - Ariyalur, Udayarpalayam and Sendurai and three Assembly segments - Ariyalur, Andimadam and Jayankondam.
It is famous for its cement industries in and around it.
This is possible due to its immense limestone store which is the potential raw material for cement industries. In particular the Arasu cements, the Birla cements, the Sakthi cements, the Dalmia cements, the Tamil Nadu cements, etc. are situated in Ariyalur.
It is also familiar for the Kaliyaperumaal Temple situated at 5 km from Ariyalur. The famous gangaikonda cholapuram (kangaikonda cholapuram) is situated near to it (connecting the Chennai to Thanjavur highway). This town is famous for the temple which was built by the King Rajendra Cholan of Chola Empire. The King Rajendra Cholan is the son of Rajaraja Cholan who built Tanjore Temple.
This district has huge reserves of lignite.
Ariyalur district, headquarters are located at Ariyalur.
Ariyalur District Collector info: (updated on :14.June.2011)
Ariyalur Dist - Tourist Places/Temples:
- Gangaikonda Cholapuram,
- Sri Kaliuga Varadharaja Perumal Kovil
- Elakuruchi-Adikalamatha Kovil
- Tirumalapatti-Vaithiyanathswami Kovil
- Vettakudi Paravilgal Saranalayam
Railway Station Code
Chennai Egmore : MS
Vridhachalam : VRI
Tiruchirapalli : TPJ
- very useful in the information at all types of person. - Jaganathan
- Great job. - Mansoor, Dubai.
- நம்ம ஊருக்காக ஒரு வெப்சைட் உருவாக்கியதற்கு நன்றி மற்றும் வாழ்த்துக்கள். - விமல்ராஜ்.
- its very useful to know about the jayankondam. - chitra
- I have a chance to spoke with my college friend after 10years. Thanx for you support Jayankondam website team. - Mani, Gulf.