Neelathanallur and Madanathur, bridge opened for public.
Now all the Transports are allowed this bridge. It shorten the distance from Chennai to Kumbakonam, also the traveling time consumed.
Area quick info
Postal Pincode : 621802
Telephone code : 04331
Ariyalur District Population 752481 in 2011 (695524 in 2001)
Population : 31,268 as on 2001 census report (we will update 2011)
Location : Jayankondam (in Ariyalur District) is located 270 km away from Chennai. Jayankondam located center place of Kumbakonam, chidambaram, virudhachalam and Ariyalur.
ஜெயங்கொண்டம் நகர் மன்ற தலைவராக தேர்ந்தெடுக்கப்பட்ட திருமதி. ச.மீனாள் அவர்களை வாழ்த்துகிறோம்.
Jayankondam is very famous for JLC Program(Lignite Power Corporation). It is to be start very zone(As per the Govt.information). Jayankondam being a head quarters Office of Udayarpalayam Taluk. Had different names Jayankondachozhapuram King Gulothunka chozha from time immemorial. Jayankondam town is very famous for siva night festival at Siva temple near Bustand, which is celebrating in every year. This town has more than 25 temples of various historical periods scattered.
Jayankondam is a third Grade Municipality. It is appeared as Third Grade Municipality in Ariyalur District (formerly Perambalur District). Jayankondam Being the Head quarters office of Udaiyarpalaiyam Taluk. Jayankondam is located 270 km away from Chennai, and 91km away from Trichy. On the south 45 km kumbakonam. On the east and 38 km away from Ariyalur. On the North and 36 km away from Viruthachalam. On the east and 50 km from away Chidambaram. Jayankondam Town limit extends over an area of 28 Sq.km.
Gangaikonda cholapuram temple is the place near 8 km. East from JKM is the ancient – temple Rajenthra chozha having very ancient – oldest sculpture and drowing.
Azhagar temple is the place near 10 km JKM is the ancient temple built by Rajenthra chozha having very ancient oldest; Sculptured. The Algar temple has a big elephant statue constructed the materials of lime and pricks and kuruvalappar temple is the place near 7 km east from JKM is the one of the famous vinava temple . It was built up by the chozha queen chempian mathevi relation ship of the Rajaraja chozha Aunty payaraiswaras temple is the place near 10 km west from jkm. It was built up the jamieen of udayarpalayam sames the an own is ancient oldest sculpture.
Strimushnam poovaraga temple is one of the famous temple is the place near 15 km northen east from Jkm.
- Arokya Mahal
- Subam Mandabam
- Mangalam Mahal
- C.R Thirumana Mandabam
- K.T.V mahal
- Sree Renga Thirumana Mandabam
- J.K Mahal
- Sengunthar Thirumana Mandabam
Thirumana Mandabam Around Jayankondam
- Dhanam Thirumana Mandabam, Silakal
- A.K.S Thirumana Mandabam, Udiyarpalayam
- Raja Thirumana Mandabam,T.Palur
- K.V.Ramalingam Kalyana Mandapam, Cholamadevi
For Booking enquiry you can contact us
Dear Visitors if you know any more, please inform us. We will update the list.
Jayankondam Schools & Colleges:
Jayankondam becoming a best place educational in Ariyalur district, Tamildau. Here more then 4 colleges have verity of courses (Including Engineering, B.Ed, teacher traning, hotel management, ..)
1. Gangaikondacholapuram (கங்கைகொண்ட சோழபுரம்)
Gangaikonda Cholapuram (Tamil: கங்கைகொண்ட சோழபுரம்) was erected as the capital of the Cholas by Rajendra Chola, the son and successor of Rajaraja Chola, the great Chola who conquered a large area in South India at the beginning of the 11th century C.E. It occupies an important place in the history of India. As the capital of the Cholas from about 1025 C.E. for about 250 years, the city controlled the affairs of entire south India, from the Tungabhadra in the north to Ceylon in the south. The great temple of Siva at this place is next only to the Brihadisvara temple at Thanjavur in its monumental nature and surpasses it in sculptural quality.
2. Anaikarai Dam (அணைக்கரை)
Annaikkarai (Lower Anaicut) it was built at 1912 (as marked in the bridge) Nearly 100 years old..
- State bank of India ATM(Bus Stand road, Jayankondam)
- State bank of India ATM(Sannathi Street, Jayankondam)
- State bank of India ATM(Petrol bung inside, Jayankondam)
- Indian Bank ATM(Sannathi Street, Jayankondam)
- Canara Bank ATM(Chidambaram main road, Jayankondam)
- State bank of India ATM(Near T.plaur police station)
- State bank of India ATM(Udayarpalayam)
- State bank of India ATM(Udhayanatham, Silal/ Silakal to Anaikarai road, near anaikarai)
- .. Thathanur
- ICICI Bank Ariyalur
- ICICI Bank Vridhachalam
- ICICI Bank Chidambaram
- ICICI Bank Kumbakonam
- HDFC Bank Kumbakonam
- State bank of India
- Indian bank
- Canara bank
- TNSC bank
- City Union bank
Jayankondam Near Bank's
ATM's Near Jayankondam
- T.Palur SBI
Register Us to list your business
Listing under maintenance, Check back soon.
Contact Us : 98418 73355
Railway Station Code
Chennai Egmore : MS
Vridhachalam : VRI
Tiruchirapalli : TPJ
- very useful in the information at all types of person. - Jaganathan
- Great job. - Mansoor, Dubai.
- நம்ம ஊருக்காக ஒரு வெப்சைட் உருவாக்கியதற்கு நன்றி மற்றும் வாழ்த்துக்கள். - விமல்ராஜ்.
- its very useful to know about the jayankondam. - chitra
- I have a chance to spoke with my college friend after 10years. Thanx for you support Jayankondam website team. - Mani, Gulf.